Monday, October 25, 2010

Prayer for Today

I found this prayer online.  It is from a book, "The Collects of Thomas Cranmer", and it says it all:
    Almighty and everlasting God, who art always more ready to hear than we to pray, and art wont to give more than either we desire or deserve, pour down upon us the abundance of thy mercy, forgiving us those things whereof our conscience is afraid and giving unto us that which our prayer dare not presume to ask; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
In a couple of days, I'll be going with 36 other men into Zephyrhills Correctional for 4 days to present the Gospel of Christ to inmates.  I find myself each time I go into these situations, feeling a little reluctant at first; during, and after the weekend however, I am once again amazed at the healing that God does for these men.  I think God does some healing, and work on the team members also.  

The inmates are reluctant at first.  At first they come as it is a break in the monotony of prison life.  After hearing the Truth of the Gospel, the Love of Christ, and the Forgiveness of God, many accept it, and count Jesus as their Lord, and Saviour.  It is an exciting time!

I am counting on this prayer for this weekend.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment