Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kairos 59 at Zephyrhills Correctional

I was privileged to spend the weekend with a bunch of Christian men sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with 42 inmates at Zephyrhills Correctional.  The Kairos weekend has number 59, as it was the 59th time that one of these 4 day weekends has been done there.  The weekends are done twice a year, so for almost 30 years men have heard the gospel during these weekends.

After listening to the inmates, they have been requesting transfers to this prison.  The Spirit of God is moving, and Chaplain Clancy, who I have to say, I wouldn't mind going to see each week to listen to this man of God preach.  The music, and the message was strong, and there is a fire in the chapel, that I wish I'd see at my own church more.

I guess that made the job there easier, but it was made easy due to the fact that most of the men submitted themselves to God to become his conduit to these men.  On Sunday morning, Chaplain Clancy had an altar call, and out of the 42 inmates, about 20 or more went up to receive the Lord.  It was an awesome time.

Joe Romero, who I've worked a few of these weekends with did a great job getting out of the way, and letting God work with these men.  I wish I'd had a camera to show you.  It was unbelievable.

I can't wait until number 60 coming up in April!

Random Stuff:

  1. Facebook Shows Why You Might Get Dumped Before Christmas - I thought this was interesting data pull, showing how the time before Christmas a lot of people on Facebook are using the words "break up", or "broken up" about two weeks before Christmas.  Even Valentines Day is a bad time, http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20021536-71.html.
  2. Tim Challies writes a review on a book, written by Wesley Hill, a Christian who is gay, and is practicing a celibate lifestyle.  I don't like to use "gay Christian", but it appears to be a book that gives us an insight into the struggles of a Christian who is gay, http://www.challies.com/book-reviews/the-struggles-of-gay-christians.
  3. People Are Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment