Friday, July 15, 2011

I Am a Debtor to the Greeks and Barbarians

I always wondered about this verse, Romans 1:14.  Why would he be a debtor to Greeks, and barbarians?  Then while reading my devotion this morning, it makes sense.  In "My Life's Spiritual Honor and Duty" Chambers brings up, "I am not a superior person among other people — I am a bondservant of the Lord Jesus. Paul said, “. . . you are not your own . . . you were bought at a price . . .” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; he then goes on to say that he's a debtor to everyone on the earth because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that we are free only to be a bondservant of Christ.

Christ died for everyone by taking on the sins of the world, that they would life eternal, so instead of looking at that idiot in the car in front you who just pulled out, remember that Christ died for them, and they need to know Christ, and they're no worse a sinner than I am, because I just dropped a bomb by call them a a$#hole.

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, forgive me for what I say, and do that drove...that drive...and will continue to drive the nails into your hands, and the spear into your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment